How to get a beautiful skin & healthy, shiny hair !
Find out about the magic of Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil has many uses in a wide variety of industries. As a cosmetic, it is an effective cleanser, conditioner, moisturizer, and softener for the skin and hair.It is applied directly to the skin to soften the skin, to reduce wrinkles and stretch marks, to lighten and help heal scars, and to promote healthy scalp and hair. It is widely used as an ingredient in shampoos, conditioners, facial, hand and body lotions, cuticle and nail care products, baby care lotions, creams, and oils, cleansers, moisturizers, bath oils and soaps, sunscreen lotions, and makeup products Jojoba oil is similar to, and miscible with, sebum, which is secreted by human sebaceous glands to lubricate and protect skin and hair. When sebum production decreases due to age, pollutants, or environmental stresses, jojoba oil can be used to replicate sebum oil.
The potential therapeutic uses of jojoba oil include the treatment of acne, cold sores, and such skin diseases as psoriasis.
What is Unique about Jojoba?
1. Dry Skin- Jojoba mimics the sebum found naturally in human skin and can replenish skin that has become dry due to age, weather, environmental pollutants or stresses. It forms a lipid layer on the skin, acting as a moisturizer, as well as penetrating and being absorbed by the outer layer of skin.
2. Wrinkles- Jojoba protects skin cells and reduces wrinkles. Studies have shown a noticeable reduction of fine lines even eight hours after application.
3. Acne and Oily Skin- Jojoba dissolves excess sebum which clogs pores preventing normal transpiration and causes acne. Used twice daily after thoroughly cleansing skin, Jojoba can eliminate blemishes.
4. Abrasions- Minor skin irritations and injuries can be treated with Jojoba. It is anti-biotic and anti-fungal, will prevent infections from developing in exposed abrasions and speed the healing process while preventing scar tissue from forming.
5. Dry Hair and Scalp – When sebum production decreases hair can become brittle and weak. Jojoba reconditions hair follicles and shafts for natural luster and shine and prevents the hair becoming brittle and dull. If sebum production is excessive, hair follicles can become blocked and hair can also become too dry and breakable. Jojoba dissolves excess sebum and allows pores to transpire normally. It can also dissolve sticky residue from hair products and airborne pollutants.
6. Allergies- Jojoba is naturally hypo-allergenic and one clinical study showed that only two out of fifty people with known skin allergies had any reaction to it. These two cases were mild and cleared up within 24 hours.
7. After Sun Care – Jojoba is an excellent skin rejuvenator for after extended sun can increase deep tanning while preventing painful burns.
8. Infant Care- Jojoba is safe for all sensitive skin, including newborns. It is very useful for “infant acne” and “cradle cap”.
9. Scars and Stretch Marks- Jojoba has been shown to greatly reduce scar tissue making it an excellent choice for pregnant mothers and those recovering from surgeries.
10. Psoriasis- The Ben Gurion University of Israel has proved the amazing curative results of Jojoba application to skin affected by psoriasis.
11. Nail Care- When applied the cuticles Jojoba can strengthen and fortify brittle nails.
Jojoba oil is a nontoxic, noncomedogenic (does not clog pores), and hypoallergenic substance. It has been widely used for decades in cosmetics, with no reported adverse effects. If jojoba oil is ingested, most of it is eliminated in the feces, with little getting distributed in the body.
No side effects are expected with the use of jojoba oil in recommended amounts, although allergic reactions are a rare possibility.
Since jojoba oil does not oxidize or become rancid, it is added to other oils to extend their shelf life.
A substance that contains nothing that would cause blackheads or pimples to form on the skin.
1. I read about this product on the Makeup Alley website, and since it’s so cheap I thought I’d give it a whirl. All I can say is, WOW! I am 39 with combination skin which has been breaking out lately, so I needed something to calm my skin down. This may sound strange, because it’s an oil, but this product did not cause me to break out! In fact, just the opposite happened. My skin literally drank it in (no oily residue) and in the morning, my face was soft and much clearer. I use it after cleansing at night (with purity made simple) and it works wonders. This is a terrific buy for anyone with easily aggravated skin. Try it, you might be pleasantly surprised!
2. I have been fighting breakouts for decades. I have sensitive, acne prone, combo, thick skin. I would never dream of putting oil on my face regularly. I am very happy with the results. 2 drops after cleansing has been the best for my face. It doesn’t clog my pores at all. It is supposed to be the closest oil match to our natural skin oil. It seems to clears out the existing acne. The oil works on my hair to get rid of fly-a-ways and frizz. I use it on my daughter’s hair and skin (and she has sensitive normal to dry skin). I use for baby massages also. It so is lightweight.